The Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute is a marketing organization with the mission of increasing the economic value of the Alaska seafood resource through:
• Increasing the positive awareness of the Alaska Seafood brand;
• Collaborative marketing programs that align ASMI and industry marketing efforts for maximum impact within the food industry;
• Long-term proactive marketing planning;
• Quality assurance, technical industry analysis, education, advocacy and research;
• Prudent, efficient fiscal management.
ASMI is a public-private partnership between the State of Alaska and the Alaska seafood industry established to foster economic development of a renewable natural resource. ASMI is playing a key role in the repositioning of Alaska’s seafood industry as a competitive market-driven food production industry. Its work to boost the value of Alaska’s seafood product portfolio is accomplished through partnerships with retail grocers, foodservice distributors, restaurant chains, foodservice operators, universities, culinary schools, and the media. It conducts consumer campaigns, public relations and advertising activities, and aligns with industry efforts for maximum effectiveness. ASMI also functions as a brand manager of the Alaska Seafood family of brands.